Our history began with Mr. Angelo Del Vecchio. Born in Riposto, Sicily, Mr. Angelo Del Vecchio got married in 1900 and received a ticket to Brazil as a wedding gift. When Mr. Angelo and his wife Carmela first arrived in São Paulo, they were delighted by the city and as Mrs. Del Vecchio had two brothers living in São Paulo, they decided to stay. Mr. Del Vecchio, who had worked as a luthier in Italy, decided to become active in his former segment and; in 1902, he set up a factory and a store on musical instruments at Riachulo Plaza. After 18 prosperous years in the same address, they moved to Aurora Street, where they significantly increased the production. Mr. Angelo Del Vecchio was the inventor of a number of guitar models, amongst which, the outstanding “Dynamic Guitar”, manufactured until today.
In 1948, the company came to be administered by his sons and then named, “Del Vecchio Brothers”. Mr. Francisco Del Vecchio as the Administrative Director and Mr. Salvador Del Vecchio as the Technique of Manufacturing Director. Salvador was responsible for the creation of new systems and structures, such as “Timbre Vox”, “Super Vox” and “Nylon Vox”. In 1968, a new member of the family, Mr. Angelo Sergio Del Vecchio, Mr. Del Vecchio’s grandson, was included into the board of directors; and thereafter the company was called “Del Vecchio’s House”.
The efficiency and tradition stablished over its 100 years, the Del Vecchio’s House has become a benchmark on handicraft manufacture of musical instruments, with emphasis being placed on the high level of technical accuracy and the high quality of the raw material used as well.